Box Truck Driver
Los Angeles, CA | Job Title – Box Truck Driver | Reports to – Head of Warehouse Operations
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last 11 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 270 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster.
Reporting to the Head of Warehouse Operations, the Box Truck Driver is responsible for the transportation and coordination of donations and other items for Baby2Baby and plays a critical role in maintaining the warehouse facilities, supporting staff and programs, and ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of Baby2Baby. When this individual is not driving, they will support our warehouse operations.
The Box Truck Driver will work Monday-Friday with very occasional weekends and early mornings, traveling throughout Southern California as well as in the Baby2Baby warehouse. The work is performed driving a cargo van and freight truck between various drop off and pick-up locations and in a warehouse setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Picks up and drops off donations to our partner organizations.
- Picks up donations from designated retail drop-off locations.
- Picks up donations at homes of individual donors.
- Picks up and drops off bins and materials for donation drives.
- Transfers items to and from offsite event venues.
- Abides by all traffic rules and regulations.
- Interacts face-to-face with partners, store owners and staff, donation drive organizers and donors.
- Keeps in regular contact throughout each day with the Transportation Coordinator, Head of Warehouse Operations and other Baby2Baby staff to update them on progress as well as receive changes to the schedule.
- In some cases, coordinates via phone and email with partners, store owners and staff, donation drive organizers and individual donors to schedule pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Transports items between Baby2Baby’s three warehouses.
- Loads/unloads items in/out of vehicles and warehouses.
- Conducts daily vehicle inspections and maintenance.
- Maintains work email and responds to emails in a timely manner during work hours.
- Assists the Warehouse Director to ensure the workspace remains safe, clean and workable.
- Unloads trucks and redistributes pallets within the warehouse, as needed.
- Maintains the organization’s facilities and related equipment (pallet jack and pallet stacker, security, cleaning, etc.)
- Other driving related tasks as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Warm, friendly, respectful demeanor and an outgoing personality.
- Experience driving a cargo van and box truck; comfortable driving a sprinter van and a 26-foot truck.
- Flexibility with schedule that allows for changes that may come up during the day.
- Current stand-up forklift license.
- Comfort with using both a manual and electric pallet jack.
- Valid driver’s license and an exceptional driving record.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs frequently.
- Comfortable driving throughout Los Angeles County.
- Must be 25 years or older.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies.
- A team-player with integrity, credibility, and a strong commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language.
- Experience with racking pallets.
This role’s salary range is between $37,440 – 45,760. Actual salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.