Baby2Baby Chief Financial Officer
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Chief Financial Officer | Reports to – Co-CEOs
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last 10 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 200 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. Baby2Baby has reached over one million children in over 150 cities across the country.
Reporting to the Co-CEOs, the CFO is responsible for defining the process and building the foundation required to support Baby2Baby’s growth over the next 5-10 years. We are looking for an experienced Ecommerce executive who will oversee the organization’s finances, strategic planning and financial forecasting as well as handle all general accounting, grant tracking, internal audits, external tax and audit preparation. This individual will work closely with the Co-CEOs and COO to review organizational and program budgets, cost allocations, and financial reporting, including payroll, bank reconciliations, benefits administration, and other programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and execution of the organization’s financial management strategy.
- Owns budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash reporting throughout the year.
- Meets regularly with department heads to develop and update financial plans including collaboration on department budgets and revenue.
- Prepares and presents monthly/annual financial reports and key operating metrics to Baby2Baby’s leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Works with COO to ensure program success through cost analysis support and compliance with all contractual and program requirements.
- Ensures accurate reporting of cash and in-kind transactions; develops and maintains excellent internal controls to monitor program costs and operating expenses.
- Oversees Accounting team including billing and payroll.
- Monitors banking activities of the organization.
- Leads audit and other regulatory/compliance activities.
- Prepares reports and other materials as needed for prospective and existing donors as well as the Board of Directors.
- Remains current on changes to all laws and pertinent local, state and federal guidelines which may impact the financial and administrative operations of the organization; interprets and advises on implications of these changes.
- Evaluates existing operations to recommend and implement improvements in productivity and accuracy.
- Oversees contract management for vendor and donor relationships; manages relationship with outside counsel on legal matters.
- Manages insurance renewals and rates including Workers’ Comp, Liability, etc.
- Works closely with Human Resources on payroll and benefits administration.
- Responsible for building maintenance and improvements in collaboration with the Head of Warehouse Operations and administrative staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management or Finance. MBA, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including managing finance and operations of a $15+ million organization.
- Previous Ecommerce experience.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting in the nonprofit sector.
- Proficient in legal, audit, compliance and resource development.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Expert in spreadsheets.
- Flexible, self-starter able to multi-task while also being highly detail oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.