Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Internship | Job Title – Community Engagement Intern | Reports to – Senior Manager, Community & Volunteer
Applicants should send a resume and in the body of the email explain why they are interested in this position to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing, and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last 10 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 200 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster.
Baby2Baby is seeking a hard-working, mission-driven, outreach-focused intern to join our fast-paced office starting this Fall 2022 for 12 weeks for 8-12 hours/week. With a community focus, this intern will have the opportunity to learn from the Baby2Baby team about the day-to-day operations of the Community and Volunteer department. Reporting to the Senior Volunteer Coordinator, the Community Engagement Intern(s) will gain experience assisting the Baby2Baby team with daily volunteer sessions and donor relations.
The Community Engagement intern will also learn about the Los Angeles non-profit and social service sectors, and how Baby2Baby accomplishes its mission.
This individual will spend their internship hours in person at Baby2Baby’s offices (5830 W. Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90016). This is evolving and subject to change.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shadows the Senior Manager, Community & Volunteer with daily tasks and special projects.
- Learns to recruit and train volunteers and host weekly volunteer events.
- Gains exposure to various projects.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in progress.
- Prior nonprofit and/or community outreach experience, preferred.
- Friendly, outgoing and personable with the ability to manage large groups of volunteers.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office (specifically Excel) and the Google Apps suite.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.
Baby2Baby internships are unpaid. All interns MUST be eligible to receive academic credit.