Baby2Baby Transportation Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Transportation Coordinator | Reports to – Head of Warehouse Operations
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past 10 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 190 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools, as well as children across the country who have lost everything in the wake of disasters.
Reporting to the Head of Warehouse Operations, the Transportation Coordinator is responsible for scheduling all deliveries, pick-ups, and shipments of Baby2Baby donations.
The position will work Monday-Friday out of our Distribution Center 16333 Raymer St. Suite A, Van Nuys, CA 91406. The work is performed in an office and warehouse setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates with our 400+ partner organizations the scheduling of pick-ups and drop-offs of donations.
- Schedules pick up and drop-offs with corporate donors, individual donors, stores, schools, etc.
- Sets daily schedules for 4 couriers; maintains regular contact with them throughout the day.
- Quickly assessing any problems that arise.
- Coordinates the transportation of items between Baby2Baby’s two warehouses.
- Works cohesively internally with each department.
- Creates BOLs and labels, schedules shipments with FedEx, Saia, UPS, etc.
- Loads/unloads items in/out of vehicles and warehouses.
- Conducts weekly vehicle inspections; assesses need for maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Warm, friendly, respectful demeanor and an outgoing personality.
- Comfort with using both a manual and electric pallet jack.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies.
- A team-player with integrity, credibility, and a strong commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs frequently
- Valid driver’s license.
- Speaks Spanish
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.