Baby2Baby Development Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Development Coordinator | Reports to – Director of Development
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing, and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last 11 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 240 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster.
Baby2Baby is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and energetic Development Coordinator to join its development team. This position is ideal for an early-career professional with experience in the systems associated with running an expanding fundraising program. We are seeking someone who wants to own a core function of a small and tight-knit team.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for all gift processing, data management, and other donor services to support the daily operational needs and fundraising initiatives of Baby2Baby. This position ensures accurate processing of gifts, monthly revenue reconciliation, regular development reporting, and timely donor acknowledgements; oversees data integrity, donor list generation and serves as point person for the donor database; and provides essential administrative and operational support as needed to further Baby2Baby’s ambitious fundraising program.
The Development Coordinator will work Monday – Friday at Baby2Baby’s offices (5830 W. Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90016).
Duties and Responsibilities
Gift Processing, Donor Records and Acknowledgements
- Ensures all gifts (online and check) are processed, coded, and entered into database a timely, accurate manner.
- Processes and manages paperwork for matching gifts, tribute gifts, wire transfers and stock/securities.
- Generates, processes, and sends all individual, foundation and corporate donor acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
- Manages pledge payment tracking, reminders, and follow-up process.
- Serves as staff liaison between development and finance teams, ensuring proper coding, delivery of information to finance, and weekly/monthly reporting.
- Reconciles monthly gift and pledge information with finance and development departments
Donor Database Management and Reporting
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of the donor database (Little Green Light) by ensuring that all donor records are current, accurate and meet organizational standards.
- Produces regular fundraising reports, queries, donor lists and other reporting needs.
- Develops reports for board members, leadership groups, CEOs and other key stakeholders as needed.
- Management of other online fundraising and prospect research tools as needed; ensures their information is recorded accurately in database (Classy, DonorSearch, GiveSmart, etc.)
- Maintains quality standards for documentation and continuously assess improvement opportunities, integrations with other tools, and new donor analytics.
Ongoing Development Team Support
- Conducts research and updates profiles on current and prospective donors using screening tools and online searches.
- Monitors and assists with setup of online fundraising pages (Classy), oversee reconciling with database records and help troubleshooting user issues when needed.
- Assists with preparation for donor meetings and special events, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ nonprofit office experience, preferably in fundraising and development.
- Experience with CRMs or donor management database systems required.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy; appreciation for working with data and process.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, organizing multiple tasks and assignments.
- Can work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Dependable, motivated to learn and grow, and the ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to write professional and compelling donor correspondence.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and interest in Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccinations.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.