Baby2Baby Disaster Relief Program Assistant
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Disaster Relief Program Assistant | Reports to – Disaster Relief Director
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 200 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. During the COVID crisis, Baby2Baby has reached over one million children in over 150 cities across the country.
Reporting to the Disaster Relief Director, the Disaster Relief Program Assistant will help the Disaster Relief team execute the various programs at Baby2Baby. This individual will work directly with our partner agencies to ensure essentials are distributed to low-income children across the country in times of disaster. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious self-starter with strong attention to detail and a positive, can-do attitude. The Disaster Relief team is a fast-paced team that frequently deals with potentially unsettling subject matter. The ability to compartmentalize is a must.
The Disaster Relief Program Assistant will work Monday – Friday. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this individual will spend part of the week at Baby2Baby’s offices (5830 W. Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90016) and the other part of the week working from home. This is evolving and subject to change. The work is performed in an office setting with occasional work in the community and warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains our databases, protocols, and files to ensure information is recorded properly.
- Works with senior program staff to ensure project milestones are met.
- Provides weekly updates to the Disaster Relief Director on disasters and emergencies.
- Responds to general partner inquiries in a timely manner.
- Collects, synthesizes, and enters data into our data management system.
- Assists senior program staff as needed to ensure the smooth functioning of program activities.
- Manual labor sometimes required in preparation for distributions, events, and general programming.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A dedication to the mission of Baby2Baby.
- Ability to work under pressure and produce strong results.
- Efficient and organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication with the ability to speak professionally and with confidence to people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Self-starter who has the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable in a wide range of cultural, geographic, and operational situations.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and the Google Apps suite.
- Demonstrated interest in non-profit work and/or child development.
- Interest in the humanitarian aid field.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.