Baby2Baby Events Assistant
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Events Assistant | Reports to – Director of Events
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Please include the position title and where you found out about the role in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 200 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. During the COVID crisis, Baby2Baby has reached over one million children in over 150 cities across the country.
Reporting to the Director of Events, the Events Assistant is responsible for assisting with administrative needs, logistics and execution of Baby2Baby’s high-profile yearly fundraising gala and all Baby2Baby monthly events.
The Events Assistant will work from the Baby2Baby headquarters at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90016. Work is performed in an office and warehouse setting as well as onsite at event locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aids Events Director in coordinating event logistics and execution with regards to the annual fundraising Gala and monthly events.
- Works with internal and external parties to help execute gala responsibilities including the website, invitations, tribute book, thank you letters, gift bags, etc.
- Assists with specific details for monthly events including invitations, catering, décor, etc.
- Assists with the coordination of distribution items for every event, including working closely with Corporate Marketing, Program and Warehouse team colleagues, purchasing items, assembling bags, inventorying all incoming and outgoing items.
- Supports Events Director and Coordinator with the overall flow of events from setup to tear down.
- Builds and maintains relationships with partner organizations, onsite vendors, and outside production teams with the highest level of professionalism. Streamlines communication and feedback between all involved parties.
- Supports Events Director with administrative duties, including data entry and reports.
- Manages event deadlines, timelines and deliverables, as assigned.
- Participates in special projects and event-related errands, as needed.
- Minimum of 2-years administrative assistant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Proven abilities in multi-tasking and problem-solving.
- Team player that thrives in an ever-changing and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized with strong attention to detail, follow up and meticulous record keeping.
- Strong interpersonal skills and results oriented; client and customer service-focused.
- Proficient in Google Suite, including Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Valid driver’s license required
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.
Baby2Baby internships are unpaid. All interns MUST be eligible to receive academic credit.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume and a paragraph detailing why you are interested in this position. Please include the job title in the subject line.