Baby2Baby Events Specialist (Temporary)
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Events Specialist (Temporary) | Reports to – Director of Events
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 150 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools.
Reporting to the Director of Events, the Events Specialist is responsible for managing the production of programmatic events and assisting in the coordination of logistics and execution of Baby2Baby’s annual fundraising gala and all Baby2Baby events. This is a full-time position from July 2021 – December 2021.
The Events Specialist will work from the Baby2Baby headquarters at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90016.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Alongside the Event Director, the Event Specialist is responsible for production management of all elements of key monthly distribution events with the families Baby2Baby serves, sponsors and supporters.
- Manages vendor and event production relationships.
- Manages event production to approved budget.
- Works with the Marketing and Corporate Relations teams to ensure all contractual obligations and deliverables are met.
- Oversees and manages specific details for monthly events including invitations, venue, catering, décor, etc.
- Oversees all production of program distribution for all product categories this includes all purchasing, assembly and management of in-kind donations.
- Works closely with the Program and Warehouse teams to oversee and facilitate event planning and production processes.
- Manages event deadlines, timelines, and deliverables.
- Responsible for post-event recaps and budget reviews.
- Recruits and manages temporary event support, including the assistant for the yearly fundraiser.
- Assists in the coordination for all on-site event execution including event preparation, setup, and breakdown.
- Minimum of 5-6 years’ event planning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong communicator, decision-maker and strategic-thinker.
- Proven abilities in multi-tasking and problem-solving.
- Team player that thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledgeable in industry trends. Provides recommendations on event production that drives results and influences outcomes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with effective time management, interpersonal skills and a self-starter mentality.
- Organized with attention to follow up, detail, deadlines and record keeping.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Driver’s license required
- Large-scale production experience
- Prior non-profit and administrative experience
- Bilingual. Fluent in Spanish
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.