Baby2Baby Events Manager
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Events Manager | Reports to – Director of Events
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 150 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools.
Reporting to the Director of Events, the Events Manager is responsible for assisting with administrative needs, logistics and execution of Baby2Baby’s high-profile yearly fundraising gala and all Baby2Baby events.
The Events Manager will work from the Baby2Baby headquarters at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90016.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aids Event Director in managing event logistics and execution with regards to the yearly fundraising gala and monthly events with the families Baby2Baby serves and their supporters.
- Works with internal and external parties to execute Gala responsibilities including but not limited to website and email management; secures permits and vendor insurance; coordinates the production of Gala collateral; facilitates on-site sponsor deliverables; and supports the Events Director with overseeing on-site staff roles and responsibilities.
- Maintains all Gala documents, including accurate and current records for individuals and corporations within the Gala’s giving platform software.
- Conducts research and develops feasibility studies to identify new event opportunities for the organization.
- Oversees and manages specific details for monthly events including invitations, venue, catering, décor, etc. In addition, manages all staff responsibilities and the overall flow of events from setup to tear down.
- Responsible for execution of children’s giftbags at every event including branding canvas bags, pulling items from recent corporate donations, reaching out to corporate partners, purchasing items, assembling bags, inventorying all incoming and outgoing items.
- Works closely with the Marketing, Program and Warehouse teams to oversee and facilitate event planning and production processes.
- Identifies aspects of event risk assessment and planning strategies. This includes but is not limited to health and safety guidelines.
- Provides post-event analysis, budget recaps, and apply learnings to enhance future plans.
- Builds and maintains relationships with sponsors, partner organizations, onsite vendors, and outside production teams with the highest level of professionalism. Streamlines communication and feedback between all involved parties.
- Manages event deadlines, timelines, and deliverables.
- Aids the Event Director with preparing budgets and ensures adherence.
- Supports Event Director with event data entry and fundraising reports.
- Participates in special projects and fundraising, as needed.
- Recruits and manages temporary event support, including the assistant for the yearly fundraiser.
- Runs event related errands as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years’ event planning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong communicator, decision-maker and strategic-thinker.
- Proven abilities in multi-tasking and problem-solving
- Team player that thrives in a collaborative environment
- Knowledgeable in industry trends. Provides recommendations on event production that drives results and influences outcomes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with effective time management, interpersonal skills and a self-starter mentality
- Organized with attention to follow up, detail, deadlines and record keeping
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign
- Driver’s license required
- Large-scale production experience
- Prior non-profit and administrative experience
- Bilingual. Fluent in Spanish
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.