Baby2Baby Inventory Control Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Inventory Control Coordinator | Reports to – Head of Warehouse Operations
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 200 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. During the COVID crisis, Baby2Baby has reached over one million children in over 150 cities across the country.
Reporting to the Head of Warehouse Operations, the Inventory Control Coordinator is responsible for tracking inventory movements in our warehouses so that items are accurately stocked and stored.
The position will work out of our Culver City and Van Nuys locations. Schedule to be determined. The work is performed in an office and warehouse setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs data entry and clerical duties related to ordering, receiving, and storing items purchased into a digital inventory management system.
- Analyzes and summarizes numerical information and critically examines purchase orders for accuracy.
- Researches product details and enters valuation information into our inventory management system.
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits and implements cycle counts of physical inventory; tracks aged inventory and monitors expiration dates.
- Maintains weekly/monthly inventory records to share with management and other key stakeholders
- Reports discrepancies in inventory and work with Warehouse Management to correct.
- Provides clear verbal and written updates to the Head of Warehouse Operations.
- Maintains consistent stock of inventory and notifies Warehouse Management when to order new stock at pre-authorized limits when inventory levels are low.
- Performs stock transfers in inventory management system between and within the warehouses.
- Logs purchases and donations that are drop-shipped to national program partners.
- Assists Warehouse Management with setting minimum stock levels.
- Provides inventory reports to Warehouse Team to share with other departments.
- Maintains accurate daily/weekly records of goods received and shipments made.
- Assists with annual physical inventory audits.
- Operates pallet jack and forklift when necessary.
- Performs other related duties around the warehouse as requested.
- Proficient computer, data entry skills.
- Attention to detail, able to perform basic math calculations.
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Strong communication skills with internal team members.
- Organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- Must be able to navigate warehouse and reach items both high and low at times.
- College degree preferred with two (2) years of inventory record-keeping experience.
- Experience with computers and inventory management systems.
- Forklift operator certification a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.