Baby2Baby Office/Operations Assistant
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Office/Operations Assistant | Reports to – Chief Operating Officer
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Please include the position title and where you found out about the role in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 200 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. During the COVID crisis, Baby2Baby has reached over one million children in over 150 cities across the country.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Office/Operations Assistant is responsible for maintaining office facilities, answering phones and general inquiries, supporting staff and programs, and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of Baby2Baby.
The Office/Operations Assistant will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016. The work is performed in an office setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Chief Operating Officer, ensures the workspace remains organized, clean and safe.
- Answers phone and directs calls as required.
- Greets and signs in visitors including volunteers, social workers and supporters.
- Provides general clerical support, including copying, scanning, filing and transporting documents as needed.
- Manages info email account.
- Maintains and troubleshoots the organization’s facilities and related systems (phone, internet, office equipment, IT, security, cleaning, etc.) with help from outside vendors.
- Manages basic office needs including stocking and ordering adequate supplies for program and general office operations.
- Reads and routes all incoming mail and deliveries, processes outgoing mail.
- Assists with sending tax acknowledgement letters.
- Keeps track of receipts for expense reports.
- Assists with onboarding new employees.
- Assists with preparation of routine office meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative capacity
- Strong client and customer-service skills.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, assess priorities, and take initiative to excel without significant supervision.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and follow up, and able to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication with the ability to speak professionally and with confidence.
- Strong commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and Google Apps suite.
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability to run errands using the Baby2Baby vehicle.
- Prior nonprofit and receptionist experience
- Fluent in Spanish
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.