Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Internship | Job Title – Operations Intern | Reports to – Chief Operating Officer
Applicants should send a resume and in the body of the email explain why they are interested in this position to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing, and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last 10 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 200 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster.
Baby2Baby is seeking a hard-working, mission-driven, operations intern to join our fast-paced office starting this Fall 2022 for 12 weeks, 8-12 hours/week in person. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Operations Intern will have the opportunity to assist the Baby2Baby Team with the day-to-day operations of the organization.
The operations intern will also learn about the Los Angeles non-profit and social service sectors, and how Baby2Baby accomplishes its mission.
This individual will spend their internship hours in person at Baby2Baby’s offices (5830 W. Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90016). This is evolving and subject to change.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shadows the Chief Operating Officer and Operations Assistant with daily tasks and special projects.
- Gains experience maintaining office and warehouse facilities.
- Learns about the organization’s processes for tracking monetary donations.
- Gains experience interacting with donors, partner organizations, and the community via phone and by responding to inquiries on the organization’s info email account.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in progress.
- Prior administrative and/or customer service experience.
- Friendly, outgoing, and personable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Strong commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software and Google Apps Suite.
- Prior nonprofit experience.
- Fluent in Spanish.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.
Baby2Baby internships are unpaid. All interns MUST be eligible to receive academic credit.