Baby2Baby PR and Marketing Specialist
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – PR & Marketing Specialist | Reports to – Director, Marketing & Communications
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Please include the position title and where you found out about the role in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 200 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. During the COVID crisis, Baby2Baby has reached over one million children in over 150 cities across the country.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Corporate Relations, the PR & Marketing Specialist is responsible for collaborating on marketing initiatives and media relations for Baby2Baby’s annual gala. This individual will support all PR & marketing efforts surrounding the Gala including comms, collateral, video content, social media and various related projects for the organization. We are open to candidates looking for either part time or full-time employment. This is a temporary position with the potential to extend to a permanent position.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, this individual will spend part of the week at Baby2Baby’s offices (5830 W. Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90016) and the other part of the week working from home. This is evolving and subject to change.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Director on all PR efforts, liaising with external PR agency to maximize awareness for the Baby2Baby Gala and working with PR team to facilitate coverage, press attendance and photography/video needs at the event.
- Collaborates with Director on creation of all collateral for the event including presentations, speeches, motion graphics and videos.
- Creates talking points and briefing materials for event participants.
- Supports execution of sponsorship deliverables surrounding the event including activations, signage, photo needs, social media content, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to support the ongoing PR & Marketing needs of the organization.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Candidates must 5+ year’s event, marketing and/or public relations experience.
- Exceptional client and customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Well-developed team skills and flexibility.
- Extremely comfortable leading phone calls.
- Strong organizational and collaboration abilities.
- Self-motivated, energetic, confident, and creative.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.