Baby2Baby Program Director
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Program Director | Reports to – Chief Operating Officer
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past 10 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 175 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools, as well as children across the country who have lost everything in the wake of disasters.
Reporting to the COO, the Program Director is responsible for all Los Angeles-based programmatic activities including its development, administration and evaluation. This individual will work to extend Baby2Baby’s reach in the community, building Baby2Baby’s institutional understanding of community needs, nurturing current partnerships and developing new partnerships. The Program Director will work closely with the COO on setting and managing strategic programmatic goals for the Los Angeles area, represent the organization externally, and oversee the LA program team.
The Program Director will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016. The work is performed in an office and warehouse setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
Overall Program Strategy and Oversight
- Leads all LA-based program operations.
- Works collaboratively with the entire program team to create strategy and oversee delivery of all programs for Baby2Baby.
- Provides general oversight to our LA-based program operations.
- Develops new community partnerships to serve more low-income children in the Los Angeles area.
- Works with the COO to analyze program results to drive strategy.
- Analyzes and reports program data to ensure desired outcomes and inform direction.
- Develops and creates programming to effectively serve the local community.
- Creates and manages program manuals and protocols.
- Works with COO and senior development team on fundraising areas, marketing and communication activities and programming initiatives to explore
- Works with the warehouse team to ensures efficient distribution
Management and Development
- Manages the LA program team.
- Meets regularly with team members and colleagues to support and assess progress toward goals.
- Oversees program team satisfaction by creating a positive work environment.
- Provides ongoing professional development for the program team
Community Engagement & Thought Leadership
- Attends local conferences representing the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of related experience in the nonprofit sector or related educational fields, including at least 7 years of experience leading and managing a team.
- Experience in program planning, public speaking and organizational management.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated experience in setting and achieving ambitious goals.
- Demonstrated success in creating and cultivating partnerships.
- Proven track record with data analysis and implementation.
- Vision and demonstrated ability to develop, promote and deliver positive results.
- Desire to engage in initiatives around diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proven record of facilitating collaboration and cooperation with organizations and the community.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Spanish speaking required.
- Senior Manager, Program
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.