Baby2Baby Senior Director, Programs & Strategy
Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct the search for a Senior Director, Programs & Strategy for Baby2Baby. Baby2Baby is an incredibly impactful nonprofit organization providing essential items to children living in poverty across the nation. They provide diapers, clothing, and all other basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 200 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools, as well as children impacted by disasters. During the COVID-19 crisis, Baby2Baby has reached over one million children in over 150 cities across the country. This amazing full-time opportunity is based in Los Angeles, CA at Baby2Baby’s office. This is an organization and position that will inspire you daily!
Reporting to the COO, the Senior Director, Programs & Strategy will serve as a member of the executive team and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Baby2Baby’s three main programs: LA Programs, National Program, and Disaster Relief. This role is a senior leadership position and will collaborate with the Program Directors for day-to-day program management while focusing on developing, implementing, and overseeing the organization’s strategic programming. Additionally, this position will aid the Development and Marketing & Corporate Partnerships departments with the goal of increasing community, financial, and in-kind support.
- Establish a strategic vision that will inform short- and long-term goals of programming, including developing new programs and monitoring the progress toward those efforts.
- Communicate all program initiatives, goals, budgets, etc. to the Co-CEOs, COO, and respective directors.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the Program Directors to support them and their individual programs’ operations. Ensure program direction, performance outcomes, and organizational goals are managed.
- Implement a plan for data collection, documentation, and analysis to better develop and grow the organization’s efforts. Review outside programs (at the local, state, and national levels) to support an improved data system, including best practice implementation.
- Lead research, surveys, and data management, and disburse findings across the organization.
- Increase and improve communication lines between multiple departments, including Programs, Marketing, and Development.
- Streamline documentation and reporting across all programs with all departments.
- Build program partnerships in the community with community leaders, elected officials, and city/county/state/federal agencies.
- Keep the department on track to meet program objectives, performance outcomes, and forecasts within approved budgets and timeframes.
- Keep up-to-date on policy, regulations, cultural movements, and initiatives that impact the work of Baby2Baby.
- Continuously seek new opportunities for organizational growth in order to better serve children and families across the country.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience in the nonprofit sector, including at least 7 years of experience leading and managing a team.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Experience in program planning, strategy and organizational management.
- Excellent communication and people skills, with experience collaborating with a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Proven track record with data collection, analysis, and implementation.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of varied nonprofit programs which encompass Baby2Baby’s core programming.
- History of facilitating collaboration and cultivating relationships between organizations and the surrounding community.
- Demonstrated experience in achieving ambitious goals and strategies.
- Desire to engage in diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Personal attributes of integrity, credibility, and a deep commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
Along with a competitive base salary, this organization offers an incredible benefits package, including 100% Medical and Dental coverage for employees, They also provide vision benefits, long term disability, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan (Baby2Baby matches 3% of the employee’s compensation per calendar year). They also have 12 annual holidays and up to 30 days PTO in addition to 3 personal days granted each calendar year.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply with your resume and cover letter, in Microsoft Word format, via https://www.scionstaffing.com/job/8732.
Please address applications to:
Elizabeth Crimmins, Senior National Executive Search Principal
Scion Executive Search
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made.
About Our Firm:
Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) is a national award-winning executive search firm! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing hundreds of exceptional leaders to organizations with incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruitment solutions, we seamlessly bridge the gap in interim and executive searches. Our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in the nation.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Executive Search Firms and the Best Recruitment Firms in America. Additionally, we have been recognized as a recruitment leader by ClearlyRated, as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times for over ten years running. More information about Scion Executive Search can be found at www.scionexecutivesearch.com.
Scion Executive Search, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Executive Search proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us.