Baby2Baby Social Media Marketing Manager
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Social Media Marketing Manager | Reports to – Director, Marketing & Corporate Relations
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past 10 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 175 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools, as well as children across the country who have lost everything in the wake of disasters. Baby2Baby has reached over one million children in over 100 cities across the country.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Social Media Marketing Manager is responsible for elevating the Baby2Baby brand and advancing its mission through social media and other marketing channels (website, newsletter, etc). This individual will oversee day-to-day operations of Baby2Baby’s social media presence including strategy, editorial and content creation with goals of building awareness for the organization and connecting with new donors. The ideal candidate will be an innovative social media and digital marketing professional who has successfully managed and grown social channels and developed original digital content. While this position is heavily centered around social media, the person in this role will be very involved in Baby2Baby’s overall marketing efforts in a faced-paced environment.
The Social Media Marketing Manager will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees day-to-day operations of Baby2Baby’s social media presence, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Develops and executes bi-weekly content calendar and well as more built-out campaigns & initiatives.
- Expands Baby2Baby’s social media presence, followers and engagement through creative content and storytelling.
- Oversees planning for live social content capture at events and develops creative shot lists for social content.
- Maintains content library and actively collects/produces new assets for use in marketing.
- Actively reports, tracks and optimizes performance of social media channels.
- Responsible for all social media budget planning and tracking.
- Works closely with Marketing Director on other Baby2Baby projects including Baby2Baby’s website, newsletter and marketing collateral.
- Liaises with third party agencies and vendors including graphic design, web development, digital ad agency etc.
- Collaborates on all visual assets for the Marketing Department.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience developing and executing social media marketing strategy.
- A hands-on social media expert with experience in social media marketing campaign management, day-to-day publishing, editorial, content creation, and distribution.
- Well-rounded marketing professional with marketing experience in other areas outside of social media.
- Excellent creative copywriting and editing skills.
- Highly engaged in and active on social media.
- Strong photography skills and a keen eye for design and ensuring visual uniformity across social channels.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign; well-versed in developing social graphics and utilizing latest content creation technology (e.g. Reels)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and self-starter mentality.
- Ability to work independently with an openness to test new ideas.
- Strong communicator, decision-maker and strategic-thinker.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and follow-up, and able to work in a team environment.
- Experience with social media analytics platforms such as Keyhole and Hootsuite.
- Will require some work outside of a traditional Monday through Friday work week and outside normal business hours.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.