Baby2Baby Volunteer and Community Engagement Assistant
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full-time | Job Title – Volunteer and Community Engagement Assistant | Reports to – Senior Manager, Volunteer and Community Engagement
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past 10 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 190 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools, as well as children across the country who have lost everything in the wake of disasters.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Volunteer and Community, the Volunteer and Community Engagement Assistant will support all day-to-day activities of Baby2Baby’s volunteer program and community outreach initiatives. This is a full-time, entry level position responsible for helping to facilitate volunteer sessions, tracking and analyzing data, preparing materials for donation, and helping with all community engagement efforts.
The Volunteer and Community Engagement Assistant will work Monday – Friday . This position is at Baby2Baby’s warehouse 5830 W. Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90016.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates daily volunteer sessions including set up and breakdown.
- Assists with project training and volunteer sessions.
- Maintains online volunteer recruiting platforms.
- Tracks and analyzes volunteer data.
- Maintains inventory for Baby2Baby’s special programming.
- Assists with all community engagement effort, including, but not limited to holiday programs, back to school efforts and responsive programming.
- Assists with volunteer recognition and appreciation efforts.
- Researches and attends mission-related community fairs/events.
- Prepares materials for Baby2Baby donation drives.
- Assists with miscellaneous office duties including answering phone and donor relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Volunteer experience.
- Physical demands include lifting up to 50lbs.
- Commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Excellent oral communication with the ability to speak professionally, publicly and with confidence to donors and volunteers.
- Exceptional organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire and ability to work with diverse populations.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Spanish speaking highly preferred.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.