National Program & Disaster Relief Coordinator
Reports to – Manager, National Program & Disaster Relief
Baby2Baby is a national non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, formula, clothing, and the basic necessities that every child deserves, serving more than one million children across all 50 states every year. Over the past 12 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 375 million items– more than any organization of its kind – to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. Baby2Baby was recognized as the #1 non-profit on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies List and named by TIME Magazine as one of 2023’s most influential companies.
Reporting to the National Program and Disaster Relief Manager, the National Program and Disaster Relief Coordinator will help the Program team execute the various programs, initiatives, and projects within the National Program & Disaster Relief Department at Baby2Baby. This individual will work directly with our partner agencies to ensure essentials are distributed to low-income children across the country and in times of disaster. The ideal candidate will have a passion for nonprofit work, strong organizational skills, a desire to grow their nonprofit work experience, solid multi-tasking abilities, and a positive, can-do attitude.
The National Program and Disaster Relief Coordinator will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016. The work is performed in an office and warehouse setting and is currently on site 3 – 5 days per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps the Program Directors and Program Managers understand the unique and timely challenges facing our target population by regularly engaging with our partner organization staff.
- Maintains our databases, protocols, and files to ensure partner information is recorded properly.
- Works with senior program staff to ensure project milestones are met.
- Communicates with partner organizations to coordinate the distribution of essential items to children.
- Aids in the development of relationships with partner organizations in order to assist with event & special program enrollment.
- Collaborates with other departments to help facilitate the distribution of in-kind donations and field marketing requests.
- Monitors daily news and brings to the table any relevant regional news.
- Creates and tracks purchase orders to help ensure the team stays on track with the department budget.
- Responds to general partner inquiries in a timely manner.
- Collects, synthesizes, and enters data into our data management system, pulls inventory reports.
- Onboards new partner contacts and conducts orientations on Baby2Baby programming.
- Disaster Relief: Engages with partner organizations, provides status reports to management, and helps coordinate the distribution of essential items to children impacted by disasters or emergency situations. Keeps records of disaster relief responses organized and up to date.
- Potential for travel across the country to visit partner organizations and execute on-site distributions.
- Manual labor sometimes required in preparation for distributions, events, and general programming.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the non-profit sector or related field.
- Ability to work under pressure and produce strong results.
- Quick thinking, strong attention to detail and ability to problem-solve and prioritize as needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication with the ability to speak professionally and with confidence.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and the Google Apps suite.
- Self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Comfortable in a wide range of cultural, geographic, and operational situations.
- Conversational knowledge of the Spanish language.
- Experience with Qualtrics and/or other survey software
- Experience with DEAR inventory management software or other similar data management software.
This role’s salary range is between $20-$24/hr. Actual salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.