Corporate Partnerships Intern
Reports to – Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Baby2Baby is a national non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, formula, clothing, and the basic necessities that every child deserves, serving more than one million children across all 50 states every year. Over the past 12 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 375 million items– more than any organization of its kind – to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. Baby2Baby was recognized as the #1 non-profit on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies List and named by TIME Magazine as one of 2023’s most influential companies.
Baby2Baby is seeking a hard-working, mission-driven, operations intern to join our fast-paced office starting this Summer 2024 for 12 weeks, 8-12 hours/week in person. This intern will have the opportunity to support the Baby2Baby Corporate Partnerships team by researching new sponsorship targets, building pitch lists, performing ongoing social media research and more.
Interns will also learn about the Los Angeles non-profit and social service sectors, and how Baby2Baby accomplishes its mission.
This individual will spend their internship hours in person at Baby2Baby’s offices (5830 W. Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90016). This is evolving and subject to change.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learns to research and identify new sponsor targets for Baby2Baby.
- Learns how to write pitch emails to solicit for donations.
- Gains experience with social media including research, capturing content, building an audience, etc.
- Learns to organize and optimize storage of digital assets including event photos.
- Participates in ad hoc research projects related to sponsorship opportunities, press and social media.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in progress.
- PR and Marketing experience, a plus.
- Friendly, outgoing and personable with the ability to handle delicate situations with grace.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with Adobe creative platforms including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is not required but is a major plus.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.
Baby2Baby internships are unpaid. All interns MUST be eligible to receive academic credit.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume and a paragraph detailing why you are interested in this position. Please include the job title in the subject line.