Social Media & Content Coordinator
Reports to – Director, Social Media
Baby2Baby is a national non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, formula, clothing, and the basic necessities that every child deserves, serving more than one million children across all 50 states every year. Over the past 12 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 375 million items– more than any organization of its kind – to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. Baby2Baby was recognized as the #1 non-profit on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies List and named by TIME Magazine as one of 2023’s most influential companies.
Reporting to the Director of Social Media, the Social Media & Content Coordinator is responsible for elevating the Baby2Baby brand and advancing its mission through social media and creative content production. This individual will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day operations of Baby2Baby’s social media presence including schedule, editorial, community management and content creation with goals of building awareness for the organization and connecting with new donors. The ideal candidate will be an innovative social media and digital marketing professional who has successfully managed and grown social channels and created original digital content. While this position is heavily centered around social media, the person in this role will also be involved in Baby2Baby’s overall marketing efforts in a faced-paced environment.
The Social Media & Content Coordinator will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016. The work is performed in an office setting and is currently in office or on site 3 – 5 days per week. This role will require some work outside of a traditional Monday through Friday workweek and outside normal business hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports overall social media strategy, planning and day-to-day execution/maintenance across all of Baby2Baby’s social channels (Instagram, Threads, Facebook, X, Linkedin and YouTube).
- Responsible for day-to-day posting across platforms and engaging with followers both proactively and reactively.
- In collaboration with Director of Social Media, develops and executes bi-weekly content calendar including the capturing and editing of content.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization to collect and identify topics and trends in order to build out content for social media.
- Helps expand Baby2Baby’s social media presence, followers and engagement through creative content and storytelling. Contributes to dynamic campaigns and initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Director of Social Media, plans live social content capture at events and develops creative shot lists for social content.
- Maintains content library and actively collects/produces new assets for use in marketing.
- Proactively stays up-to-date on the social media landscape including: platform updates, relevant trends, and the real-time news cycle.
- Actively reports, tracks and optimizes performance of social media channels.
- Assists the Director of Social Media in content budget planning and tracking.
- Liaises with third party agencies and vendors including graphic design, digital ad agency etc.
- Collaborates on all visual assets for the Marketing Department.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, etc.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience developing and executing social media marketing strategy.
- Strong hands-on experience in with social media marketing campaign management, day-to-day publishing, editorial, content creation, and distribution.
- Strong creative copywriting and editing skills.
- Social media fluent. You know the relevant platforms and what’s happening on them; have thorough knowledge of which platforms are relevant to the organization.
- Experience with photography and videography with a keen eye for design and ensuring visual uniformity across social channels.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Canva and video editing programs & apps; well-versed in developing social graphics and utilizing latest content creation technology (e.g. Reels).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong multitasking skills, time management, and self-starter mentality.
- Ability to work independently with an openness to test new ideas.
- Strong communicator, decision-maker, and problem-solver.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and follow-up, and able to work in a team environment.
- Will require some work outside of a traditional Monday through Friday work week and outside normal business hours.
- Experience with social media analytics platforms such as Hootsuite, Meltwater and Dash Hudson.
This role’s salary range is between $20-24/hr. Actual salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.